Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21, 2007

It has been a busy yet relaxing day. I got up early to watch the end of a DVD (Failure to Launch) and then went back to sleep until about 8.30. We then went down for breakfast in the lounge. It was so cool to see other guests having their breakfast while talking or reading the Boston Globe. We sat near the fireplace and ate while listening to classical music.... nice....We decided to do the Gray Line Trolley tour so we caught the T to Copley and then ended up walking down Huntington to the Colonnade. We waited so long that we decided to stay on the trolley for the full 2 hour tour. We saw a bit of everything from the USS Constitution to Boston Common to MIT to Beacon Hill and the Theatre District. The guide told some great stories and I think we may visit Boston Common and Fanueil Hall tomorrow.We got off and decided to go to lunch. We got sidetracked because we walked around the Market at Copley Square and ended up going to a 45 minute Organ Concert at Trinity Church. The 3 pieces played were wonderful and the church was stunning. We then went to shops starting at the Westin. We spent a bit of time in Tiffanys looking at their new diamond cut and some of their eternity bands. We then went to Saks Fifth Avenue and I did it..... yes I FINALLY purchased a pair of black leather Christian Louboutin pumps (on sale!!!!!). I smiled all the way through lunch at Pizza Regina.We returned to our homebase and then jumped in the car and went to Babson. It was as lovely as I remembered. I visited with Bob Wagner in Admissions and then I should Aidan around Olin. We then drove through Wellsley and headed to the Natick shopping area. We did a bit of shopping before heading down Rt 9 E towards the Atrium Mall. We met Carrie and Peter and had a few Bermuda goodies for them. Dinner was great and we got to catch up. Carrie got a group picture that I will have to get a copy for my vacation scrapbook. Carrie looked great - really chic!!!We headed back to the city but got a bit lost and before you knew it we were at Harvard Square (yes, we got pretty far off course). We finally got back to Boston and went for a walk from our guest house, to Newbury Street, up to the Boston Commons and then back along Newbury Street and back to the guesthouse. It was a nice 1.5 hour walk with great window shopping! Well, we've reserved our gondola ride for 4.30 tomorrow afternoon and we're going to see 'The 39 Steps' at the Huntington Theatre tomorrow night!

No comments: