Total weight gain/loss: +3 (+22 lbs total)
Milestones: [B] Set-up the local shower registries. I also ha my milestone #2 treat - an afternoon at the spa. The reiki was amazing. I have a feeling that I'll be doing the massage/reiki for milestone #4. Finally, it appears we have a c-section date - December 22nd. Now we can focus on working towards that goal - plus we get to order our Christmas Tree now that we have a date!
Physical Progress: I'm still 'neat' even as the belly gets larger...
Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; soreness in the pelvic area ; dry nose and nosebleeds; heartburn; mild siatica; nausea; leakage from the bbs and even more the regions below (I swear, I should buy stock in pantiliners...)
How do I feel about my body: I go back and forth between being in awe over the movements that I am feeling and frustration over my physical limitations and the pain. I often wonder what normal feels like. I also wonder if I will forget what it feels like to have someone moving inside of you.
Food cravings/aversions: cheese and crackers
Sleep: between being kicked, having the white cat sleeping on me and running to the loo many times a night, I miss what it feels like to have a proper night's sleep. I would love to sleep in and actually sleep and feel rested at the end of it.
Energy level: I have energy for maybe 1/2 of the day. If I don't rest, I feel like I am falling apart. Weekends are tough because I am used to just going and going until everything is done and at the moment I can't do that.
Exercise: prenatal yoga; highland dancing I'm not jumping - really!); walking
Baby Movement: In addition to the kicking, he is also moving about and pushing his body parts out all over the place. Sometimes it startles me and sometimes it even tickles. When I am at work it is weird to feel so much movement while I am sitting still. Aidan is enjoying feeling the movement.
Thoughts and Feelings? I'm happy to have a c-section date but I am a little disappointed that I'll probably be in the hospital for Christmas. Aidan and I have discussed it and we know we'll make the best of it. Ultimately, it is the best Christmas present that anyone could have given us and we're just grateful to be experiencing this at such an amazing time of the year. And yes, the Christmas Season kicks off in our house after Guy Fawkes (Nov 5th) this year - and I plan to enjoy every second of it!
What I am looking forward to: doing the maternity shots with Aidan on October 28; baby shower on Nov 6; 4 holiday events between Nov 13 and Dec 9th (I have 3 dresses and they all look pretty good thus far); working towards milestone #3 (Nov 17) and #4 (Dec 15)!!!
What am I reading / things I’m learning: Reading about the oGTT since I have to take it on Oct 28th. I need to learn how to do the front wrap cross carry (fwcc) for my Didymos woven wrap and how to tie the knot on the rebozo.
3 comments:
Wow - you're so close to our date it's crazy! It would be bittersweet to be in the hospital around Christmas BUT you're right - what a great gift.
I'm getting the dry nose, nosebleeds too and I started leaking from my boobs weeks ago...I wasn't aware it could start so early, lucky me I'm one of the "few" that get it in early. haha!
Wow! You have a busy month ahead of you! Your little one is going to be here before you know it!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I came by here on a big day for you. oGTT and maternity photos. I cant wait to read about both!
Post a Comment