Thursday, August 18, 2005

How we Met

Our meeting date varies by a whole year. Some wonder how could that be possible... I attribute it to my bad memory.Aidan says that we met in 1999 during the run of the Christmas Pantomime "Red Riding Hood". I was in the cast (Spirit of the Forest) and Aidan was crew. Apparently he met me as the crew prepped the stage for the forest scene. He says that he used to tease me about my fairy wings - I really do not remember.I remember meeting during November/December of 2000 in the run-up to "Aladdin". Aidan was crew boss and I was having my first true backstage experience (I was ordinarily in the lighting booth). We made polite introductions and then he had me help him to do something with a fly bar (a really heavy iron pipe that we hang parts of the set from). Something happened and he dropped the pipe and it landed on my thumb. Boy did it hurt! I could see a blood blister beginning to form and I complained that it would take months to grow out. He had the nerve to reply that it was something for me to remember him by... I decided then that he was obnoxious!We did become friends during the run of the show - his dry sense of humour had me groaning. Somehow he convinced me to help out with set-break. Actually, he promised me lunch. I managed to end up buying my own lunch so he promised me a lunch in the future. We had that lunch on February 6, 2001. Little did we know that we were starting our journey...

No comments: