Monday, October 2, 2006

October 2, 2006

Well, I am sick with a cold. All in all, it was a tough night. Still, I quite enjoyed breakfast and was looking forward to walking in Bamberg. The tour guide was probably one of the best that we have had. We found that we have learned a lot in the last week or so. We were able to recognize various German words, and even the different types of architecture. We went into a church, and I looking forward recognized the Gothic architecture. Aidan, looking to the sides recognized Norman architecture. It turned out that we were both correct.At the end of the tour, after a great visit to the most beautiful Rose Garden that I've ever seen, we got to run about Bamberg to see the lovely things that the city had to offer. Aidan purchased another bouquet for me because the roses that he purchased in Vienna had faded. It is a shame that I could not dry them out and take them home. I also purchased a really nice tea cup for loose tea and some Earl Grey. The Lipton tea bags are starting to get on my nerves! Lunch was lovely, and I've been napping on and off because I have a slight fever. I'm enjoying ‘Notting Hill’ on TV as I watch the scenery pass by and the rain coming down. Aidan is doing a tour of the galley and getting ready to change places with our cruise director tonight, since people keep mistaking Aidan for Akos. Yeah, Aidan and Akos to look similar, and now they've decided to have a little fun with the confusion.

No comments: