Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Embargo Lifted.... Original Message: OMG!!!!!!

Aidan asked that I not say anything until we were sure.... well, and ultrasound confirmed it today... WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!


It's been insane because we found out on Mother's Day evening. I was late, freaking out about when I would have to go in for my day 3 blood tests since my week was hell and decided to POAS just for the hell of it. Needless to say, I was more than a little stunned to see two lines. I started screaming OMG and shoved the test stick into the shower for Aidan to see it. I followed up with a digital and it immediately came up saying 'pregnant'. We were floored - no words can express the joy and confusion we experienced that night.

The next morning we went to my GP for a blood test. At 11am I got a call - it was positive. The results were sent to my OB/GYN and Nephrologist. The OB/GYN immediately called and requested 2 betas. The May 11th beta was 1,732 and May 13th beta was 4,452. He then set an u/s date for today to see if everything was in the right place.

I spent the rest of the week and weekend freaked out completely. I took a test daily to tell myself this was real. This morning I was up at 4am, I was so nervous. We got to the doctor's office 30 mintues early and had to drive around a bit to not look too eager. Then came the vaginal u/s. Both of us held our breaths until my doctor pointed out something. It's in the correct place, we saw a heartbeat and is measuring at 5w 6d. We've been given a due date of January 12, 2011. Needless to say, we're stunned to unknown levels. Since I am high rish, our next u/s is June 4 followed by an OB visit on June 9. The OB is consulting with Boston as they may have to change my BP meds and the plan is for me to deliver in Boston (maybe - depending on how things go). And... we're still off to Budapest in June since everything is already booked.


No comments: