Monday, May 10, 2010

Preparation for a Break!

Our blog is turning into a travelogue :) At some point we really should start journaling some of our 'regular' life. Unfortunately, that takes time and we always seem to be short of that when we are not on vacation... Anyhow, we are planning a quick break in June, ahead of our annual vacation in September. We need a little down time since life has been non-stop since my fibroid removal surgery in Boston in December.

Personally, I spent January -April working with the amazing Emily and Jacqui preparing for the associates exam for highland dancing. This was in addition to helping to prepare the younger dancers for their respective exams and also learning new dances and steps for three practical exams that I havd to take. This was all so very special since I wasn't allowed to dance until mid-March! And three weeks after getting the doctor's ok to dance, I was there, in uniform, with my abs belted since they were still weak, dancing in the most intense exams that I've ever experienced. It was an amazing experience and thankfully, we all passed our respective exams. And yes, we're already preparing for next year's exams.

So yes, I'm a little pooped. Work has also been intense and the rest of life just keeps going and going. So we've decided to head to London for my birthday this year. We hope to spend some time with some friends, see a few shows and sleep until after 10am every day!!!

In the midst of all of this, we're also looking into September plans. I think I know what we want to do but I'm getting a few quotes. I really am hoping for a deal... more info later!

10 comments:

Beckie's Infertile said...

London - that sounds amazing!!

Looking forward to some pics!

Christy Morley said...

London was great since it was just foreign enough to know you were in another country but familiar enough to not feel out of place. Enjoy your birthday trip!

K said...

I loved London, enjoy!!!

Justine L said...

Wow ... how do you find time to breathe? Enjoy your travels!

Wombded said...

Wow, your travel schedule is amazing. Have fun!

Room to Think said...

Thanks for stopping by on my blog. Is always fun to read about others' travels. Post photos :)

Di said...

I'm returning your visit from ICLW. So jealous of your travels but I'll live vicariously through you instead! :)

Gina said...

planning for travel is so much fun!

BabyMakingJourney said...

I love the photos down the side of your blog of all the places you have been! That is awesome! I love to travel, but haven't lately b/c of the hub's work.
Mom and I are going to London for the first time in Sept. I like how you recorded what you did each day!! AWESOME!

Dana @ Lil Family Blog said...

Returning commment from IComLeavWe!

I am JEALOUS of all your travel... that sounds perfect to me!

lilfamily13.blogspot.com