We had breakfast, finished our last bit of packing and loaded up the car. We then went south to Walmer Castle and visited there. It was quite a place, being the official residence of the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. It is made up of a series of ring forts piled on top of each other like a stack of cupcakes. Marisa loved the gardens – particularly the Queen Mother’s Garden.
From here we drove into London along the A2, through Lewisham and Lambeth. I dropped off Marisa & Liam at the Grosvenor and then took the car back. At one point I made a wrong turning and ended up in a Metropolitan Police secure car park, much to the surprise of a motorcycle cop. After returning the car, I went back to the hotel. After going out to pick up our theatre tickets for the night (and Marisa saw David Tennant leaving the theatre), we then met Natalie Pereech, who was babysitting for us, and we went off and had dinner at the Angus Steak House and then off to see “Much Ado about Nothing” with Catherine Tate & David Tennant. It was very good, set in the mid 1980s on an Island. I found it a bit difficult to follow the story, which would have been easier had I known the play, but I enjoyed it. Marisa knew the play and had a favorite version (Kenneth Branagh’s version). She was therefore able to say that she thoroughly enjoyed the production.
No comments:
Post a Comment