Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dublin - September 22nd

We had a lovely night's sleep... thank goodness! Liam woke up maybe twice in the night and after some milk went back to sleep quickly. Once we got up we had a lazy morning in our apartment around the breakfast table. We were going to meet up with Aidan's dad's 1st cousin, Dermot, around lunchtime so we decided to head into the city center for the morning. Aidan's mom wanted to walk in so I joined her and we would meet up with the men at St. Stephen's Green.

The walk was superb. We walked past Aviva Stadium and then past where I took a course in 2003. We then walked through the neighbourhood that I walked every day for class and across the canal and quickly into the city center. Once we got there we didn't see anyone so we then walked around the outside of St. Stephen's Green. Apparently, Aidan then drove through as we came around the corner.... but we didn't manage to meet up with them for another 45 minutes. Yeah, between parking and figuring out what Aidan meant by 'passing the National Gallery to get to St. Stephen's Green', we didn't meet up for quite a while. It got to the point that Aidan's mom and I split up and while I found the car, she ended up walking through Grafton Street. Thankfully, when we finally got together and called Dermot he had not left home yet.

We met up with Dermot and Laura in Ballsbridge for lunch. It was great seeing Dermot again and Aidan was so excited to see him and his dad finally meet each other. We went to Roly's and had an amazing lunch. The conversation was even more wonderful as Dermot, Simon and Aidan shared family information. Laura surprised us with a Strawberry cheesecake for our anniversary and we made sure everyone got to share it. We stayed at the restaurant talking for hours. Aidan moved the car once and the second time we decided to move the conversation to the apartment. Mary and I walked back to the apartment while everyone else drove (we beat them!). The conversation continued well into the evening. We're going to get together for another evening during the week. Everyone is already looking forward to it.







No comments: