Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sterling - 30th Sept

Another rainy day... worse than yesterday. Everyone is under the weather and I am predicting that I will get sick once I get home. Not happy about this at all!

We tried to make a go of our last full day. We headed out to Sterling, MA and the Davis Farmland. We saw such amazing fall foliage on this drive. We also saw many beautiful houses, barns and fall decorations on porches and in yards. We got to Davis Farmland and were some of the first in. Liam loved the animals. He was followed around by a baby goat and when the goat jumped up on a bench with him he told the goat to 'get down'. Liam interacted with chickens, sheep, goats and emus. He was adorable trying to say 'Llama'. After time in the farm yard he went to the play town and enjoyed the miniature store and tool shed. Afterwards he played in the musical maze. Unfortunately Aidan was feeling really poorly so we decided to head back to Natick. So no apple picking this year but we will definitely be back in the future.

The rest of the day required me to drive the car, as Aidan was out for the count. It has been a while since Aidan loves to drive while we're on vacation. I got everyone sans Aidan from the hotel to the mall in one piece. Shopping with Liam proved to be interesting on my own. At first he walked with me and then due to the number of people and strollers in the mall I got one of the little cars that they rent out to parents. He lounged in his police car as I tried to do some shopping in an hour before I was to meet up with Aidan's parents. I hardly got anything accomplished. Either I wasn't inspired or Liam was rearranging the displays. I guess I will be doing the bulk of my shopping at home this year!

For dinner I dropped Aidan's parents at The Cheesecake Factory and picked up some dinner for my little family. I was the only one who ate though. Liam was asleep and Aidan was not in any shape to eat when I got back. So we had a quiet evening with PBS on tv and decided to do our packing in the morning.



















No comments: