Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ceremony Memories - Marisa's Version

We were early, but the guests were still arriving we got there. Chantal and I stayed in the taxi for about 15 minutes. So yes, we started 10 minutes late. I did not think about the time again until we got to the reception. There was no need to…I remember walking into the church with my parents and thinking how wonderful it was to see everyone there and looking so genuinely happy. Alegna got halfway down the aisle and began to cry, and both Aidan and I were trying to get her attention to get her to go to the front. It was so precious to see Aidan stepped forward to try to get Alegna to come to him. When I got to the front with my parents, all I wanted to do was touch Aidan to make sure all of it was real. Indeed, it was! I don't think that I stopped smiling for the entire time we were at the front. Fr. Jerry’s homily was memorable because he told stories first about getting to know us - and the work I used to give to him during RCIA. The vows were definitely an experience. I had been practicing them since the rehearsal (especially at the salon with my cheat sheet) and still managed to flub the second line. The exchange of rings had a great smiling moment because Brendan had to put five rings on the plate to be blessed. It was like he was emptying his pockets of change! Aidan and I had to smile. Debbie’s singing of The Lord’s Prayer had me teary-eyed and I was in awe listening to Philip playing the violin during and after the signing of the register. When the fanfare trumpets went off at the end I was thinking “Oh my goodness, I'm a wife!!!”We walked out of the church and got into the horse and carriage that was decorated with blue ribbons. We got to speak with a few people and took a few pictures before we left. The ride was lovely, and I enjoyed it more than I expected. People in cars honked their horns and waved at us. We completed our carriage ride at Church Bay to took pictures at various locations. We then got into a taxi and went the final distance to Commissioner's House. That time alone after the ceremony was great and I recommend it to everyone to just catch your breath.

No comments: