In September 2006 we officially became family.... this blog records what happened next...
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Reception Memories - Aidan's Version
We arrived at Commissioner’s House and Josh played us in to the building where we spoke to a few people before heading outside to the balcony to take the formal photographs. Once that was complete, the massed bands of the Bermuda Regiment and Bermuda Islands Pipe Band marched onto parade for a short performance for us. They played “Scots Wa’ Hae” as a quick march as per Marisa’s request and she thoroughly enjoyed it. We went inside and cut the cake and met a few more people. The pipe band organized themselves again and performed in front of the flagpole at sunset along with the dancers. Marisa could not resist performing the Highland Fling in her dress. Following this was our first dance. I remembered most of the steps and I think it worked out quite well. Marisa’s belly dancers did a short show. Again she couldn’t resist. Alegna joined in also. Marisa, Brendan and myself then each made a short speech and it was time for the last dance. Again, I remembered most of it, although the people were so stunned that I was actually doing something like that, that they probably wouldn’t have even noticed the mistakes I made. The sparklers were passed around and lit and so it was time to go. So we headed out to the awaiting taxi as all of our adoring fans waved from the balconies, shut the door and drove off around the corner of the building and out of sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment