In September 2006 we officially became family.... this blog records what happened next...
Thursday, September 28, 2006
September 28, 2006
I write this sitting on the deck, eating fresh grapes that we purchased after walking tour of Dürnstein. It is such a beautiful and peaceful morning. Another reason why this vacation has been so phenomenal!Yesterday was a very long day. We spent the day in and around Vienna. The morning tour that included St. Stephen's Cathedral was lovely, but I was dealing with an awful sore throat. However, once we finished and got to a pharmacy for some medicine, I was much, much better. We did a quick shopping trip getting a few items from H&M, an edelweiss ring from a shop that specializes in enamel work, and some roses from a flower shop. Instead of staying in the city we went back to the ship for lunch and a nap. I felt much better for the visit to Shonbrunn Palace. It was beautiful. I now find that I'd love to learn more about Marie Therese. I started to also piece together the history of Johann Strauss and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Vienna. Oh, and I was in flower garden heaven most of the day. After dinner we had tickets to a lovely concert in a concert hall that Johann Strauss conducted/played in. Oh my, the music was lovely. The program was definitely memorable and the singers were superb. There were dancers too, but I was not too fond of the male dancer. After the show, they served us goulash before we went to bed. I then managed to watch a little ‘Sound of Music’ on TV before bed.This morning was great. It was cold and foggy when we set out on our walking tour. The town was so quaint and lovely. We purchased some Christmas stuff and apricot items. We even walked up to the castle ruins. I don't have to go to the gym today! We got fresh pastries from the bakery and purchased fresh grapes on the roadside. This is the life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment