We were ready to go at 4pm on schedule, but unfortunately some of the guests were taking their time, so we eventually started at about 4:10. I tried to follow Brendan and Chantal at the prescribed 4 pew spacings, but with my parents on each side it was a bit difficult. Once I arrived at the front, I turned and watched Alegna walk down the aisle. She got about half way and then realized that she was by herself and started to cry. So we had to try to placate her. Once she made it to her parents she was fine. Marisa headed down the aisle looking very lovely with her parents alongside. She arrived at the front and our families exchanged greetings. The parents went back to their respective places and Marisa took my arm and we proceeded to the altar together. The service proceeded and before we knew it, it was time to say our vows. Marisa of course had memorized hers, but I had to cheat. However, I did read a line at a time and repeat it to her to ensure that I was talking to her and not the book. Father Jerry handed over the dish for the rings and Brendan looked like he was emptying his pockets of change as he took out the five rings to be blessed. Then it was off to sign the register, whilst Marisa’s godfather Phillip played the violin, and before we knew it we were being introduced as Mr and Mrs Aidan and Marisa Stones. A fanfare of trumpets and Handel’s Water Music and we headed out of the church and down the steps to the carriage whilst Josh played the pipes.
We sat in the carriage to allow as many people as possible to see us and then we proceeded out of the car park and along the road to Church Bay. It was nice to have a few quiet moments on our own and the photographer took a few shots whilst we were there. We then boarded the taxi to Commissioner’s House.
No comments:
Post a Comment