It looks like we probably will not have an annual vacation this year as I am now officially considered a high-risk pregnant woman. The designation isn't a surprise but I had hoped to be ok to travel in September. While the vacation isn't 100% ruled out yet, we are off to Boston and Brigham & Women's in about a week or so to have the first meeting with our high-risk OB. I am praying that she will just work closely with our OB at home and we will be able to deliver in Bermuda. That said, we have to also be prepared for her to want me in Boston leading up to the birth -- which could have me there for 3 months!
That said, the pregnancy has been going very well thus far. The sproglet is growing well and has a strong heartbeat. I should start to feel kicks soon - the flutters have been interesting thus far. We're beginning to do some nursery planning and thinking about how to deal with childcare, etc. So much to think about -- and it helps me to keep my mind off of the contingencies that we're putting in place for the fall...
No comments:
Post a Comment