Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Week 19

Date/Week: August 18; week 19 (18 weeks to C/S at 37 weeks)


Milestones: It's a Boy!!!!!

Physical Progress: I look pregnant and don't mind it anymore!!!

Symptoms: some feet and leg cramps. Not feeling too tired anymore.

How do I feel about my body: Good week! I guess I finally am comfortable with my pregnant look.

Food cravings/aversions: Italian food

Sleep: Horrible before the doctor's appointment an not optimal after the appointment - I miss my tempurpedic mattress and pillow (and my dogs snuggling in at night)

Energy level: The heat in Boston drained me a bit but the humidity was low. I am now going back to lower temperatures but higher humidity.. Thank God for A/C. Other than that, I probably need to do something about my allergies in the coming weeks because that takes my energy away too!

Exercise: Lots and Lots of walking in my Shape-Ups

Baby Movement: He's moving and his bones are getting ready to start some serious kicking and punching. I feel him quite a bit now since he is so active.

Thoughts and Feelings? We're on the downward slope to a 36 week arrival date. There is so much to do to prepare - plus so much to also do to try to keep my blood pressure down. I really don't want to be hospitalised during the last weeks so I need to see what I can do to stay on the 75% chance of not having pre-e.

What I am looking forward to: Seeing sproglet again on August 31st and seeing my OB on Sept 2nd to book the new c/s date. Plus it'll be good to see how he takes the high-risk doc's report and his new plan of action for me.

What am I reading / things I’m learning: This is from Aidan - The u/s was intriguing. They managed to get so many angles of sproglet by working over a very small area of skin. I was trying to figure out how the process worked scientifically as I was watching the screen. It was also cool to be able to see that sproglet was a boy on the screen before the u/s technical had even said a word about what we were looking at.








No comments: