Date/Week: August 25; week 20 (17 weeks to C/S)
Milestones: Half-baked!!! Sure, I am more than halfway there thanks to the scheduled c-section but it is an amazing milestone to reach for us!!!
Physical Progress: Even when I do abdominal exercises (elevators), my belly size doesn't change much anymore - I guess my baby belly is truly settled in!
Symptoms: some feet and leg cramps. Heartburn!!!
How do I feel about my body: I have my moments. I look and feel better in fitted clothing - I look huge in those maternity empire tops but then I put on a maternity t-shirt and look ok. Additionally, my belly has become a magnet for people to touch. I try to keep the look of horror off of my face. It is getting a bit easier to deal with but it is just the strangest thing for people to do to me!!!
Food cravings/aversions: Glazed donut; soup
Sleep: I am currently a single mom to 4 furbabies while Aidan is in Toronto. I am up at least three times every night to let someone in or out. I can't seem to do this in zombie mode so I suffer between 9.30 and 11.30am. I do feel better in the afternoon though. I can't wait to catch up on my sleep this weekend!
Energy level: I am parking and walking to and from work while Aidan is away and it is a hike (there are a lot of hills). In this humidity it drains me. However, I have quite a bit of energy at night so my to-do list is getting sorted beautifully.
Exercise: Walking and some pilates.
Baby Movement: He definitely likes to move!! He likes it when the cat purrs next to my stomach as well.
Thoughts and Feelings? I took inventory of all of the baby related stuff that we've purchased or have been given since 2007 last night. It was supposed to be in preparation for developing a shower registry. It did make me a little sad because I saw our journey towards sproglet in the corner of one room. Anyhow, we have a good cloth diaper stash and some nice g-pants, grobaby shells and bumgenius 3.0 diapers. I hope we'll do well cloth diapering. I need to wash everything but I'll wait until the fall to start doing that.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing sproglet again on August 31st and seeing my OB on Sept 2nd to book the new c/s date. I am also looking forward to the baby shower (whenever that happens) for the advice that will come with it. I think I want to capture the advice creatively - in a scrapbook or something. Oh - and I am looking forward to Christmas in 4 months!!!
What am I reading / things I’m learning: Since the purchase of the Stokke Xplory, we've been watching youtube demonstrations on how to use it. My goodness, it is amazing. I am officially a Stokke geek - after Aidan, of course!

No comments:
Post a Comment